I am committed to achieving equity in access, learning outcomes & success for students from every race, ethnicity, gender & socioeconomic group. I know that there are many pieces that make equity in education achievable.
By focusing on equity-centered design, I PLEDGE TO:
- Research, identify, and consider the historical context for content and structure.
- Develop collaboratively. Multiple, diverse perspectives reduce biases.
- Select equitable content and assessments.
- Create an inclusive environment.
- Design at the margins to lift all students, instead of just focusing on the average.
- Use data to make decisions.
- Continue to educate myself so that I can improve learning for others.