PHP Web Developer (Remote Position)
CourseArc is a small women-owned software company located in Baltimore, MD. Our SaaS product is a digital content creation tool that allows anyone to create beautiful, interactive, affordable and accessible online courses.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated web developer with strong back-end experience.
- Develop back-end enhancements to CourseArc’s core product, a course authoring tool written in PHP
- Create SQL queries
- Investigate issues reported in support tickets
- Perform code deployments
- Complete updates to an internal Laravel application
- Perform stress tests of application, identify and fix bottlenecks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong experience in backend languages/skills: object-oriented PHP, SQL
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Expert understanding of LAMP stack
- Experience integrating with other third-party services using REST APIs
- Experience with Laravel a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools a plus
Why Work for CourseArc?
- Ability to work for an innovative startup with more opportunities and more flexibility than a traditional corporate environment
- You will be working with a small, close-knit team
- You will have active input regarding technical decisions
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- This is a 100% remote position
Want to Apply?
Please email email@example.com with the following:
- Github link (optional)
- Links to any websites or applications you’ve worked on, with a paragraph explaining your contributions (optional)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This a part-time contractual position. We estimate 20 hours per week with the potential to turn this into a full-time position. This job operates in a virtual environment. No travel is required.