Instructional Designer (Remote Position)
Join CourseArc’s team in our mission to help organizations build exceptional digital learning experiences. Online learning has the power to transform lives and, with CourseArc, course designers and facilitators can create a sophisticated system to achieve a sustainable, high quality learning environment. Your expertise will empower our clients to make meaningful change in the world of virtual education. As a part of our team, you will help us deliver on services projects as a complement to our SaaS platform that is perfectly positioned to solve many of the major challenges plaguing designers and educators alike. With remote learning becoming a priority for nearly every organization and educational institution in the world, this developer position is perfect for someone seeking a fun and challenging role in a rapidly expanding industry.
We are seeking to contract with a motivated digital instructional designer with experience designing and developing online courses for a wide variety of audiences. Our remote, close-knit team is collaborative across all departments, so we are looking for someone equally comfortable with best practices in UDL as they are with sharing their top listens on Spotify and/or favorite cat memes. And while you may get asked for your go-to quick breakfast recipe, you’ll also need an in-depth understanding of accessibility in online learning. We won’t let you get bored here—this position has the potential to grow into a full-time role, or will allow you to take on project management responsibilities.
What You Will be Doing:
- You will be a critical piece of Professional Services project teams, helping clients define course design and style requirements that meet learning objectives and optimize the learner experience.
- You will scope, design, and develop superior quality online courses that ensure our clients maximize their investment in the CourseArc platform.
- You will collaborate with project management, media developers, and client subject matter experts as part of an efficient, systematic development process.
- Your project effort estimates will help the project manager plan for effective risk management.
- You will help fill in the gaps in client organizations, providing interactive and reusable instructional objects for future projects, mentoring design staff, and supporting content deployment.
- You will communicate clearly with project stakeholders routinely, helping to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
What You Should Have:
- You have a certificate or degree in instructional design or a related field, or equivalent training or work experience.
- You have a passion for helping clients create engaging and accessible learning content.
- You have a mastery of visual design and usability for digital learning.
- You have proven experience learning and using a variety of content authoring tools.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You are an independent worker with excellent time management skills.
- You communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of client stakeholders, internal team members and management.
- You have a graduate degree in educational technology, instructional design, instructional technology, curriculum design, or other related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- You have some experience with learning management systems.
Why Work for CourseArc?
CourseArc offers a fast-paced environment where you can see the impact your work makes daily. We provide opportunities for rapid growth and expansion with flexibility that isn’t typically found in the traditional corporate environment.
- Innovative and agile company environment with more opportunities and flexibility than traditional corporate companies
- Connections with colleagues through cooperative, close-knit teams
- Collaborative relationship with the executive team to create effective sales and marketing strategies
- Competitive compensation packages with uncapped earning potential
- Remote work setting with a flexible schedule
Want to Apply?
Please email email@example.com with the following documents:
- Cover Letter (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is contractual with an initial workload of approximately 10 hours per week. Remote/Virtual position with no travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CourseArc does not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.