Account Executive (Remote Position)
CourseArc is a high-growth SaaS company located in Maryland providing a collaborative content authoring and management tool for creating engaging, accessible online learning experiences. We are seeking a highly motivated salesperson with a background in education sales with a minimum of three years of experience.
The Account Executive drives revenue generation by completing sales activities including generating leads, qualifying new prospects, communicating with contacts, scheduling and delivering product demos, maintaining detailed records, and facilitating contract closure. This position is expected to uphold CourseArc’s mission and values.
- Meets and exceeds quarterly and yearly sales targets
- Contacts and manages new inbound sales leads and ensures leads are recorded in CRM
- Conducts prospecting activities to drive new leads in assigned territory
- Updates all contact information in CRM as needed for prospects/clients
- Schedules discovery calls and product demos with prospects
- Acknowledges prospects/clients by responding to emails, texts, and phone calls
- Takes detailed notes and records sales information during each step of the process into CRM
- Participates in forecasting and planning calls with sales leadership
- Manages the sales process from start to finish including qualification, demo, trial, proposal, negotiation, and close
- Conducts quarterly client check-in meetings to ensure client satisfaction, adoption, and engagement
- Participates in idea generation for new sales and marketing campaigns
- Reports customer issues/bugs
- Provides any necessary data and reports to the sales team
- Records and shares new product feature requests
- Stays up-to-date with new product and feature launches
- Suggests and supports sales process improvements
- Attends team meetings
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confident in lead generation and prospecting
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas quarterly and yearly
- Previous experience using educational technology in K-12, higher ed, or other capacities, strongly desired
- Experience selling and demonstrating Web-based software/Saas solutions
- Experience working with prospects/clients in virtual environments
- Familiarity with educational terminology and digital trends
- Experience working with virtual tools such as Zoom, Google Meet, or WebEx
- Proficiency with common business applications, such as Slack and Google tools
- Willingness to learn new sales tools as needed
- U.S. citizenship required
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation and Contracting
- Objection Handling
- Territory Management and Strategy
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Inclination
- Time Management
Why Work for CourseArc?
CourseArc offers a fast-paced environment where you can see the impact your work makes daily. We provide opportunities for rapid growth and expansion with flexibility that isn’t typically found in the traditional corporate environment.
- Innovative and agile company environment with more opportunities and flexibility than traditional corporate companies
- Connections with colleagues through cooperative, close-knit teams
- Collaborative relationship with the executive team to create effective sales and marketing strategies
- Competitive compensation packages with uncapped earning potential
- Remote work setting with a flexible schedule
Want to Apply?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents:
- Cover Letter (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is contractual with an initial workload of approximately 20 hours per week. The goal is to ramp up to a full-time position (40 hours per week) by January 2021. Remote/Virtual position with minimum travel on an as-needed basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CourseArc does not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.