Accessibility Reviewer (Remote Position)
Join CourseArc’s team in our mission to help organizations build exceptional digital learning experiences. Online learning has the power to transform lives and, with CourseArc, designers and facilitators can create a sophisticated system to achieve a sustainable, high quality learning environment. Your expertise will empower our clients to make meaningful change in the world of virtual education. As a part of our team, you will help us design, develop, and implement a SaaS platform perfectly positioned to solve many of the major challenges plaguing designers and educators alike. With remote learning becoming a priority for nearly every organization and educational institution in the world, this developer position is perfect for someone seeking a fun and challenging role in a rapidly expanding industry.
We are searching for a motivated team player to join us part-time. Our remote, close-knit team is collaborative across all departments, so we are looking for someone equally comfortable with completing accessibility reviews as they are with sharing their top listens on Spotify and/or favorite cat memes. And while you may get asked for your go-to quick breakfast recipe, you’ll also need strong accessibility compliance testing experience (if you can throw in WordPress website updates that’s a plus)! We won’t let you get bored here—this position has the potential to grow.
- You will brainstorm with the CTO and other stakeholders ways to improve accessibility for users.
- You will assist our skilled support team in resolving accessibility issues.
- You will audit new features in the CourseArc platform for accessibility and write up detailed feedback and recommendations.
- You will audit our website and make accessibility recommendations and complete updates to our website.
- You will review and update our VPAT statement to ensure it is accurate and current.
- You will write supporting documentation/articles for our knowledge base and blog regarding accessibility.
- You will participate in idea generation for new accessibility training/campaigns for users.
Education and Experience:
- You have proven experience with various screen readers (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver).
- You have an understanding of best practices with HTML and ARIA markup.
- You have a deep understanding of WCAG 2.1 and 2.2 guidelines.
- You have one or more accessibility certifications.
- You have proven experience completing accessibility audits.
- You are a strong communicator and are able to explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical peers.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent training or work experience.
Why Work for CourseArc?
CourseArc offers a fast-paced environment where you can see the impact your work makes daily. We provide opportunities for rapid growth and expansion with flexibility that isn’t typically found in the traditional corporate environment.
- Innovative and agile company environment with more opportunities and flexibility than traditional corporate companies
- Connections with colleagues through cooperative, close-knit teams
- Collaborative relationship with the executive team for technical decisions and the product development lifecycle
- Competitive compensation package
- Remote work setting with a flexible schedule
Want to Apply?
Please email email@example.com with the following documents:
- Cover Letter (PDF)
- Resume (PDF)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is contractual with an initial workload of approximately 5-20 hours per month. Remote/Virtual position with no travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CourseArc, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, thereby prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CourseArc, LLC conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.